Here are few ways to stay cool during the hot weather
- It is only right this comes first. You have to make sure you are not dehydrated while you go on with your business.
- Have bottled water with you while on the go. It’s better if it’s cold too.
- Make sure to stay away from avoid caffeine, caffeinated drinks and alcohol
- While water is the best bet, it can be tiring so you can complement water with smoothie, lemonade, sport drink, iced tea, or even use fruit to infuse your water
- Eat less spicy food
Attack the heat with your outfit
- Wear loose-fitting clothing
- Consider cotton materials
- Try as much as possible to avoid synthetic clothing or wool
- Wear a light colour
- Hats are advised, as well as, sunglasses which will protect your eyes from damaging UV rays
- If you’re wearing a cap or hat, remove it and pour a bit of ice cold water into the hat, then quickly invert it and place on your head
- Fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the refrigerator for a quick refreshing spray to your face after being outdoors.
- You could also place a damp face towel or handkerchief over your face and place on your neck
- It feels nice when you use cool lotions. Try keeping your lotions and toners in the refrigerator to use on hot, overtired feet. The effect is magical
- Avoid heavy makeup as a lady, the simpler; the better
- If you must, exercise during cooler times like early morning or late evening
- Take your shower often or go swimming
- Take frequent baths or showers with cool or tepid water.
- If you can get small, portable, battery-powered fans or any hand fan
- Avoid the sun between 11am to 2pm. This is the time the sun is hottest. Limiting your exposure will limit your chances of overheating.
- If you are far away from home and it feels like the sun is about to melt you, look around you if there are banks, restaurants, eateries, , basically, anywhere you are assured of full air-conditioning, and spend few minutes in there (Hack: seek permission to use the rest room, or make some enquiries, you’re welcome * wink *)
- Turn off the lights more often