President Muhammadu Buhari held a Virtual Meeting with Former Heads of State in State House on today, October 23, 2020. This was to address the widespread civil unrest trailing the #EndSARS nationwide protest. The virtual meeting follows the nationwide broadcast on Thursday, October 22, where President Buhari called for the suspension of the protest to allow the government to address the demands. The following are the list of ex-Nigerian leaders that were in meeting with President Buhari on participating in the virtual meeting:
- Former President Olusegun Obasanjo,
- Former Head of State Gen. Ibrahim Babangida,
- Former Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon,
- Former President Goodluck Jonathan,
- Head of Interim Government H.E. Chief Ernest Shonekan and
- Former Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar
Nigerians await the outcome of this meeting.