United Kingdom Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has announced another national lockdown for England few hours ago. This is in a bid to force the soaring coronavirus cases down. This lockdown will last for 4 weeks. It will come into effect on Thursday, November 5 and end Wednesday, December 2.
According to The Sun, Residents will only be allowed to leave their home for the following reasons:
- Work if you cannot work from home
- For exercise and recreation outdoors – with your own household, on your own or with one other person from another household
- Medical reasons
- To escape injury or harm
- Shop for food and essentials
- Provide care to vulnerable
What will be closed?
- All non-essential shops and retail will be shut down.
- Leisure centres, malls, cafes, restaurants and most indoor activities will also be closed.
- However, fast food and restaurants will be able to serve takeaways and offer deliveries
- Click and collect services can continue as normal.
- Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies will not be permitted to take place except in exceptional circumstances.
What will remain open?
- Schools, colleges and universities will stay open.
- Childcare provisions will be allowed to stay in action.
- Stores selling essentials, like supermarkets, hardware shops and garden centres will be allowed to remain open.
- Churches will be open but only for private worship no services.
- Unlike the last lockdown, playgrounds will remain open.
- Veterinary hospitals will stay open too.
Other Restrictions and Rules:
- Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people, and it is advised that only close friends and family attend.
- Linked ceremonial events such as stone settings and ash scatterings can also continue with up to 15 people in attendance.
- People will be allowed to sit on park benches and on beaches
- Internal travel inside the UK is discouraged.
- international travel will be banned to all countries except for work.
- People who are on holiday will be allowed to return home.
- Amateur sport is now going to have to be cancelled – including lower league football. However, Premier League will continue behind closed doors as currently.
List of Key workers allowed to operate:
- Police officers
- Fire Fighters
- Social care workers
- Court staff
- Religious staff
- Schools and Nurseries
- Government staff
- Delivery workers
- Prison and Probation
- Transport workers
- Financial Services